Little Falls Community High School Commencement Information
The latest announcement from Governor Walz and MDH has changed our plans for graduation commencement. Beginning on May 28th all capacity limitations for indoor gatherings will come to an end. This was exciting news, as it allows us to begin preparations to host commencement in the high school gymnasium on Sunday, May 30th @ 2:00pm. There will be no restrictions on the number of spectators in attendance, but face coverings/masks will be required. Seniors, this will be your last appearance together as the Class of 2021; finish it with class!
Please read through all of the following information. It is important and will help make your commencement special for you, your classmates, and your family.
Friday, May 28th, 8:30am – Graduation Rehearsal
- All seniors are required to attend graduation rehearsal.
- If you are not at rehearsal, you will be taken off the marching list.
Sunday, May 30th, 1:00pm – Seniors meet in the lobby outside of the auditorium.
- This is an excellent time to take pictures with your classmates! Everyone must be in their assigned seat in the auditorium by no later than 1:30pm. We will line up and start the processional march towards the gym at 1:55pm.
- Caps, gowns, and tassels are required.
- Honor students, Bridges Academy students, and students entering the military may wear your honor cord/braids.
- Gowns should be hung up before the ceremony to get the wrinkles out! Do NOT attempt to iron the gown!
- Caps should be worn approximately two inches above the eyebrows, squarely on the head with the point in the front; the mortar board is flat when you are looking straight ahead. The tassel hangs to the right.
- Gowns will be closed with nothing extra on the cap or gown–no exceptions.
- Proper attire under your gown will include: black pants, dress or skirt, a white dress shirt or blouse, dress shoes, and socks or stockings. This will help you look really sharp as a class.
Seniors Aidan Hagen and Kaylee Zupko will lead the Class of 2021 into the gym. Please remember to march in slowly, hands at your sides. Make eye contact with your walking partner and keep a steady pace. When you arrive at your seat, remain standing for the Star Spangled Banner. After the national anthem, your “Welcome” speaker, Lilly Ward, will seat you before she gives the welcome address. Don’t worry, we will practice this!
The Presentation of the Class of 2021
- Your entire row will stand together and come forward.
- When your name is called, approach the stage.
- At the top step, take off your mask and walk across the stage to receive the diploma jacket from Superintendent Jones. Remember to say thank you – look happy!
- At the bottom of the steps, take a new mask from Mr. Pender, put it on and return to your seat.
- After the diplomas have been presented and the last graduate, Brooklyn Wuellner, has returned to her seat, the class will stand and students will move their tassel from the right to the left side, signifying them as the graduated Class of 2021!
- We will practice all of this on May 28!
After graduation, all graduates will exit the gymnasium and meet their advisor in the commons to pick up their diploma. Graduates will then exit the school and meet their families outside for pictures, etc.
We look forward to celebrating you on your graduation day! Graduation is an important event for you and your family. Please contact me should you have any questions or concerns.
Congratulations to the Senior Class of 2021!
Principal – Little Falls Community High School