Third Party Billing

State law requires schools to seek third party payment (i.e. insurance payment, particularly through Medical Assistance) for Individualized Education Program (IEP) health-related services. These services may include speech/language/hearing services, occupational therapy, physical therapy, nursing, social work services, personal care services, assistive technology devices and special transportation.

Accessing Medical Assistance for educationally based, health-related services does not impact a families benefits or out-of-pocket payment. A representative on the student’s IEP team will discuss the process and permissions for third party payment with the student’s parent. Questions can also be directed to:

Katie Riitters, Third Party Billing Coordinator:
Phone: 320-632-2003
Fax: 320-616-2388